In 1907, the Mayo family donated a portion of land near St Mary's Hospital for a new city park. It was called College Park, as the southern end bordered College Street. These stairs ascended the hill from Zumbro Street on the north side. The scene is virtually unrecognizable today, because a large portion of the hillside was cut away. This scene is roughly where the Cliff House on west 2nd St is today, and the park is now called St Mary's Park. Believe it or not, a portion of this staircase still exists, as does part of the retaining wall.The upper flight of stairs is intact and well-hidden within the brush that has grown up along the hillside.