Shown here is homesteader William Dee's cabin, which he built in 1862. It has been preserved and is on display on the grounds of the Olmsted County History Center. This cabin has moved around a lot. Mr Dee originally built it more or less on the site of the Soldiers' Field Best Western. For years it was part of the History Center when they were located downtown, just to the south of the second Public Library, now the Mayo Graduate School student center. At the time it was photographed for this postcard, it was located somewhere in Mayo Park.